WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I can eat! No more shots & no more TPN!

My honey made me even more proud today more than ever when he called to complain about the one nurse who had messed my picc line, taught him incorrectly on how to power the TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition), and she had also incorrectly bandaged my kidney tube dressing.

The way that nurse Aziza had bandaged my nephostomy tubedressing; the tubes were tangled and taped down and it was pulling and pinching me like crazy these last couple of days since she had changed the dressing. He doesn't put up with anything that is wrong for me or that he feels causes me harm. He will fight tooth and nail for me and I'm just amazed by it. It makes me all teary eyed sometimes at all the wonderful things he does for me and it makes me want to do all that I can for him as well. We have each other's back without a doubt.

Well back to the kidney pain; I could barely sit back all the way in a chair, lie down on my back completely, and I even had problems getting up off the couch because it just pinched and burned with pain.

We had a good nurse come in today to change that dressing and I can once again move! Check me out on the couch getting that dressing changed!) She was very gentle in removing the dressing and then she was also very careful about the placement of the tubes that came out of my back. She would adjust them and ask me to try to move around a little bit. We finally found the happy medium.

The TPN bag providers had also called to find out when they could deliver another week's worth of food bags. I wasn't too happy about this and we were confused about how long I actually needed to be on the bags.

Well that all changed when we called my doctor and left a message with him. He called me about an hour ago and told my honey that I wouldn't have to use the TPN tonight or get the shot! I felt like I had won the lottery. Here is a photo of me enjoying my first meal of the day! "Brown Cow Whole Milk Yogurt with the cream on top" it's fattening for most, but when you are 5-6 and half and weigh in at 110 then it's amazing!

I have to be careful (my honey spoke with a dietition just after he spoke with my doctor). I can't have anything high fiber; so just white bread (ick), white rice (sushi - but not for another couple of days), oatmeal, cream of chicken soup (yum), and only eat one thing at a time giving my tummy enough time to digest it. I just had the yogurt so I have to wait about 2 more hours until I can eat some soup.

I also have to make sure that I drink plenty of water (hello where is my joint?), yes, the cannabis will ensure that I get all those nasty tastes out of my mouth so that I can drink more water. Of course if I get to feeling sick then it will also help with that. I really love going the natural route with my illness; I'm not crazy at all about taking more Percocets which I did not know was actually Oxycodone that incredibly addictive drug that Rush Limbaugh was on. I still think the dude is crazy and his rants insane. I guess I don't like people who have to yell and remind us that everything is so terrible in life. It really isn't that bad and lighten up! I prefer those who are gentle, loving, those who inspire, who give us hope, and are nice to others; not completely and totally irritating.

When I first got out of the hospital, I needed those pills for pain (and I was having some bad pains), I was prescribed to take them every 4 hours, but I was only taking them every 6-7 hours, sometimes just twice or 3 times a day; if the pain was bad enough. After a few more days, it was once a day and today, I don't feel that need any more. I will just use what a good friend gave me months ago (cannabis). I'm so happy I get to eat!)

Most people really do take these little things in life for granted and for me they are just the miracles of life! We always tend to want more in life but I have what I need. I'm alive and I have found the love of my life!) We can get through more of these little interruptions as we continue to be strong together and to love our life together!) I feel complete with him no matter what the circumstances.

More Good News! My dad and my brother are both coming out to visit. Perhaps I can get both of them together on my birthday in June; we will see. My dad is planning to visit in the next week or so and my brother (my honey had me purchase his ticket = that was one of my birthday presents from him) is visiting me June 11th-16th. Although his flight on Thursday, arrives close to midnight, I could take him to the city for breakfast at Sparky's diner. I took him here in 1997 when he first came to California for the very first time. Evidently it was some night where all the drag queens in the city had been out clubbing. It was hillarious to see the look on my brother's face and then punk rock being blared on the speakers. What a stark reminder "welcome to San Francisco!". Once again it has been nearly 4 years since I saw him last (October 2005). That's too long for 2 close siblings to see each other. Although we do talk on the phone quite a bit; I sure miss him and am so excited for when he comes to visit! Here's to my health continuing to improve and that we don't hit any more snags along the way!)

6 comments:

l'optimiste said...

way to go!! you be careful now - you're getting better! woop woop!

:o)
x

Tracey said...

Yerrrrrr Foooodddd. Brilliant news.

And to see your family too, how wonderful

xxx

Unknown said...

wooohooooo better eat something delicious~

xx

Dee said...

Thank you for your kind words about my friend Lyn. I am sure you would have liked her.

I enjoyed reading your blog. Your husband sounds a lot like mine- true soul mates.

I hope it is ok that I put a link for your blog on mine. Well enjoy your chicken soup- MMMMM MMMMM Good.

TC said...

SOOO glad you can eat!!! And I agree with you about Rush, he's nuts. Just take it easy and enjoy your soup!!

nat said...

Mmm - so glad you are eating!! Enjoy!

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]