WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Severe Bladder Infection, bowel kinks, and extreme vomiting....

Well I was so excited that I would be able to shorten my time on the TPN from 16 hours to just 10 hours. 14 hours of freedom compared to just 6. That's good right? Well wait till you read the rest of this post. We had quite an all nighter and pretty much most of the day; a severe scare that I would need to be hospitalized. I probably should have been hospitalized but this time my husband and I were both being stubborn. We felt together with our power, we could easily get these fevers down and at least try to control the severe pain. I'm getting fevers, horribly painful blockages and having to utilize the pain killers like nothing else.

Well I had to go see a doctor on Friday afternoon about my bladder infection and to see if I might need to schedule surgery to replace my ureter stint. My doctor had not replied back yet to my email so I felt I had to do something; it was about to be the weekend and I needed to know for myself if I'm OK; so I went to see a primary doctor.

Miss Blue Belle came along too and it isn't a surprise that she was such a good girl. While we were walking down the hall and into the waiting room (she had on her working dog vest) a little child ran up and smacked her on the bottom and then ran back to his family. It was shocking but I told the child "this is a service dog and you don't just run up and hit a working dog". The parents apologized to me and then I showed the child how to properly pet a dog and why it is so important to not hurt an animal. She didn't do anything wrong to this child. He was maybe 3 or 4 years old. I would have been quite embarrassed if I were the parents of that child so in a way it kind of relieved me that I'm not a mother to a child like this. One time at Santana Row a little Indian girl walked up and kicked Blue Belle; that was shocking too. In both instances; she didn't once try to bite or hurt the child; just acted like she did something wrong; it hurt her feelings and she didn't understand what she had done wrong to deserve this. I told her; "Good Dog" both time because I can tell she knew she didn't do anything wrong and that her reactions were appropriate; she didn't bite or hurt either child. She is such a good dog.

This is not a very flattering photo of myself here, but it is the reality of how I felt at the moment waiting in the doctor's office. I had to provide a urine test and boy did that show serious infection. The doctor told me herself "boy you really do have a raging UTI infection!". The doctor prescribed "Septra" for my infection. I went to go pick it up and the pharmacy was ridiculously packed full of customers; it would have taken me the rest of the afternoon to wait. I needed to go back home and get my TPN to be reprogrammed. Yes, two trips to the hospital in one day.

This very nice doctor did tell me that my doctor had just replied to my email and she was able to read his comments (a reply from just a few minutes ago). Well anyway, the stint can stay for another 3 more months which is awesome. I was really worried that I would have to do this literally every 3 months; well now every 6 months isn't so bad. My surgery will be scheduled in December.

Well I was still feeling like total shit; in severe pain from a blockage and I had not been able to go the bathroom (#2). My stomach was just starting to swell and the pain was very intense. While I was sitting in this doctor's waiting room; a nurse handed me a bag containing my urine for which I needed to drop off at the lab. Well this lab was so crowded and I grabbed a number and it 43 and they were only on 16. So judging from the speed of service; I decided to go to the main lab downstairs. It wasn't nearly as crowded. They were on number 63 and I had number 65. I was in and out quickly.

I went home and rested (took a nap) and then packed up my TPN and went alone to the infusion center to get my TPN reprogrammed and get my blood tests for chemo on Sunday. The hours somehow had changed in the lab downstairs so I just dropped off my TPN for re-programming at 6:30pm while I went and got my blood work done (before the lab closed at 7pm) and then returned to pick up my TPN and get the picc line dressing changed.

I went home and didn't have any appetite to eat; in fact I felt incredibly nauseated for most of the evening; like I was going to vomit but didn't want to. I just lied there on the couch trying my best to be as motionless as possible just so that I would feel like vomiting. Then at around 3am on Saturday morning, I vomited quite a bit but it wasn't that green shit. It was foul smelling and the most horrible tasting and it burned my throat like hell. The taste was like no other; kind of like I had eaten a tree? I couldn't do a thing to stop it and this had started again a few hours later. I cried and cried because the vomiting just would not stop and it was totally annoying for my honey (I could just tell) but he still wanted to know what he needed to do to help.

Finally the next morning I was able to go poo and the pressure in my abdomen was relieved; I still had quite a bit of pain in my abdomen from all that vomiting so I had to use the liquid morphine to rid myself of that pain. It was horrendous and I don't think I could have handled vomiting like that ever again. We felt we were out of the woods for most of the day and then the evening hours crept up and my fever went back up to 101 and we got it back down to normal but then the nausea started again and I stayed on the couch for the rest of the evening....

To Be Continued....

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]