WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Bladder Infection fighting....

Well it is apparent that I do have another bladder / kidney infection to fight; I'm on Cipro now every 12 hours; although the sleep patterns are quite off. I have been working all week trying to get it right (my honey isn't making it any easier!). The Cipro must be taken at least every 11-13 hours; minimum and maximum and the ideal time is every 12 hours. I got the medication on Tuesday after 3pm and I needed to take it right away because that was when the pain was at its worst (kidneys). We had such a storm on Tuesday with water going everywhere. (up, down, sideways, you name it) It was horrible just to be out in that crap much less having to drive in it; but if you drive like Grandma as I do; you can get through just about anything!) With everything getting so wet; even my mail went to the wrong house and came back soaking wet from some neighbors; the pages were all stuck together from my disability insurance agent.

We had a new mail person on route and this happens often; we have had tons of mail lost in our complex. There are so many units to keep track off that often times our mail will end up in a stronger's slot only to be thrown out and I totally understand why; it's happened to me too. We have had total stranger's mail in our slots too from blocks away; I meant to stop by and drop it off but never had the chance too; you get too busy and you forget sometime; this happen many times and sometimes you just never get a chance to drop it off so you just shred it. (the ones I got were junk mail like credit card applications; nothing important!)

Well, I had more of wet cat to worry about than I did anything. With all the rain and the one trait that all Manx have is that they are indeed drawn to water like a duck. Tonto just played in puddles trying to catch every drop that landed and made fun ripples in the water. He wanted to chase all those ripples in the water and then he would come inside soaking wet; screaming and crying and then tracking all over my freshly mopped floor. We had enough of that; so we closed off the doggie door. Both animals were stuck inside with us until we remembered that Tonto's box is also outside. He was a good boy and held it for a good 12-13 hours; he sure squeamed and cried about going outside for the first hour and that was it; he most just chatted with us the rest of the day if we were listening.

It was a mess when my honey checked it out on Wednesday morning. What a mess he had on his hands and so far Mr. Tonto has not messed in our home! Oh God am I thankful! I hate cleaning up nasty animal poo messes especially with my appetite and my easiness to vomit while being on this antibiotic. Some smells can even trigger my nausea.

I did have to shave Tonto's butt and that's another thing about rumpie (totally tailless) Manxs and because of their double coat; they tend to get crusties (poopie butt) back there and one undignified thing that I have to do is to shave my cat's ass ever now and then. I used to work in a vet's office and am quite skilled at trimming nails, handling animals in the worst situations and even calming them down; I never fear furry animals; only wiggly squirmy ones. Anyway, my honey had to totally clean out the cat box while I had to clean and oil his (Tonto's) shaver and shave his ass.

While I shaved the cat's ass, my husband had the duty of cleaning out a wet cat box. It was clay and shit he had to deal with; what a mess that was; but he did it and we had to bring the cat box back in for the winter months; back to his little front closet. He got all fresh clean litter and nice clean butt!) Tonto got the royal treatment on Wednesday.

Well a manx cat does have webbed feet and my cat's feet are huge. Imagine these feet; going out into the rain and everything else that falls off of trees in this time of year (I had leaves and all kinds of dirt and shell pieces; you name it on my beautiful floor). I had to sweep that floor a few times before we decided to keep the pets in. The cat came in like 4 times soaking wet; screaming his ass off to dry him off. He loves to be dried off with a nice fresh towel; and yes, he's a bit spoiled.

Wednesday it was nice to be able to hang with my honey doing housework and pet work. Next week will hopefully be a week where we get to go to San Francisco to see friends we haven't seen in while; tomorrow is the big Dog show in Pleasanton, CA. Blue Belle is all cleaned up and just had a bath. I brushed and groomed her to the best of my abilities (I still remember what my brother Bill had taught me) Our neighbor's daughter is also very excited to go. Hope to post quite a few awesome photos in my next post. (We are going on Sunday for the "All Breeds" = Saturday is the "Rare Breeds"!)

As for my health; I am still going through my kidney/bladder infection; dealing with having to be close by a bathroom at all times; but other than that; still sticking with an excellent diet. I have had to stay home on a few occations and not go out with friends because of being on this antibiotic. (it's messing up my intestines). I am a little worried because on Monday; I am starting Cisplatinum. Yes, another chemo drug but only at the advice of this sweet doctor at the Clearity Foundation. She didn't feel I should sit on these tumors in such delicate places. I have friends who are donating more nausea medication (plant derived) for my chemo treatments since Carboplatinum is notorious for bringing about the nausea. I will be prepared and I won't need to go back on intravenous feeding. I did weigh in at 117 but hopefully I can get those lbs back if I munch around the house some more!)

The Clearity Foundation has agreed to pay for all of my testing since Kaiser will not cover anything they are doing. I was in tears when I received that email and shocked that this organization would reach out to me like this. What an awesome organization for women like me! I hope all of this will one day save many womens lives and I'm sure they already have. The founder is a survivor and I do have faith and much hope. The Clearity Foundation is a non-profit organization which does survive on donations and I felt that since this organization does much to help other patients like me to survive this disease much longer and is constantly working towards better treatments; I will be helping in my own way to help raise money for their live saving organization. If we all work together; we can reach solutions and even cures for this deadly disease. I have already made up my mind that I will survive this disease for as long as I possibly can. I want to help as many patients as possible; whether they are doing what I do or they have discovered something else.

I'm trying all kinds of things right now; a hedgeapple which has really cleared up my skin, Goat Milk shakes (goat is alkaline), living on sprouts, fresh greens, Liquid Zeolite, Yoga, Meditation, and of course my lifesaving Pot!) My Cannabis! It is saving my life like I never imagined it would and I hope that other states will allow patients to use what they feel is necessary to save their lives. Why arrest someone who is only trying to live as long as possibly can? Healthcare should be about saving lives and not just about making executives wealthier. We need to fix this broken system. Passing up lives that also deserve to live is wrong. (denying coverage for pre-existing conditions is wrong) - My sincere apologies for getting so political.

I can't predict the future; but I can do my best right now and cease those important moments! I hope that made sense; in other words; I will try not to waste any more time! Peace & Love to all!)

BAD JOKE WARNING: Well my husband and I were sitting there watching TV late one night when this annoying commercial came on for this website or tech company where you text your questions to them for answers and not sure how much each answer costs; probably $5 per question, but they had an example of what one would ask and it was supposed to be funny; A dude was trying to buy a bra for his girlfriend and he did not know what size she was when the store clerk came over to ask him and she was beautiful and voluptuous. When she asked the question he tried to compare to the store clerks boobs but she asked him to compare them to apples, oranges, melons, or even pumpkins; Of course his answer was Melons! I got a little disappointed since mine couldn't even be considered lemons or even limes; so I asked my honey so can we both agree that mine are crab cakes with a pine nut on each one? We laughed so hard over that one! Yes we tell each other dirty jokes everyday and I hope to tell you all the good ones and that one was not so good. I would give it a C. Laughter is also very, very, very, very important no matter what! We laugh at each other all day; every day most of the time.



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Kia Taylor said...

Your cat's a beauty!! I was never a cat person, but my lovely Binx came with the hubby...now we've added sister to the family(a stray that bullied her way in the house) now I can't imagine my life without them:) So happy that you are getting help from such an amazing organization, I hope your infection clears soon!! xoxo

Inge' said...

I did not know that Manx cats liked to play in the water! To be honest I don't know that much about them at all:)

I am glad to hear that you will be able to start your new treatment without the worry of how you are going to pay for it lingering over your head.

I hope your infection clears soon. I used to get those quite frequently myself and I know how uncomfortable they can be.

Blogger said...

Invest in Ripple on eToro the World’s Best Social Trading Network...

Join millions who have already discovered better strategies for investing in Ripple...

Learn from established eToro traders or copy their orders automatically!

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]