WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

So What are Family Values?

To me family values is about being a family that is close enough to talk about anything with each other; open communication and understanding, while trying hard enough to please other and most importantly is respect for one another. If you don't have respect, you have lost. Its not strictly about just a man a woman together; its about working together, loving, caring, and respect. No hatred or discrimination is ever acceptable.

My husband and I are best friends and we meant it deeply when we said our vows on our wedding day. In sickness and in health we walk strong together and have for the past five and half years of marriage. It hasn't exactly been easy living with cancer those years either, but our bond is unbreakable. We are there for each other to love, to accept, to cry with, to laugh with, and most importantly, we help each other out when in need.

This photo should say it all. A very close friend of mine took this photo and it has to be one of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen and most importantly it is of someone I love and care very deeply about; my husband and best friend. You can just see the love and concern in his eyes as well as the suffering that he has endured. If this isn't a testimony of true love, I have no idea what is. I love him as if he were a family member and actually he is now. We are family and most importantly we are friends too. Love, Family, and Friendship.


As far as family bonds, it does seem that these days with the advancement of technology, texting, video games and all the things that take the personalization of a simple hello away sort of adds more distraction and less communication with families. It's still the same each generation with teens knowing more how to operate all the advances in technology, but less and less how to drive; ok granted they can still figure out how to operate the stereo, gps, and so on, but driving is completely different. It always comes with experience and making mature decisions; much like life.

A good friend of mine told me about this young boy that was dating her grand daughter and how his family life differed. His father was always very friendly downtown with all the ladies. It seemed he knew just about everyone and the son just thought his father was a very popular guy until one day when he was around 13 or so, they just driving down the road together when they saw a young boy walking on the sidewalk. The father points out to the boy that this is his brother. The son thought the father was kidding but the seriousness in his face proved otherwise. He then learned later that he had about 13 other brothers in sisters all over town. Where were the morals in his father that he could look up to? He cheated on his mother and lived more than just a double life. Respect out the window completely. The other brothers and sisters may or may not have gotten the fatherly support that they too deserved.

Having children is a gift and should never ever be taken for granted. Not everyone is able to have children and if you have them, consider yourself lucky. They each are individuals and they may get on your last nerve, but they are life and our future. Its so important to cherish right now with them if you have it; they don't stay young forever and its important that they too have future. We shouldn't be wasting our future away as we do with energy, oil, this endless war, and so much more. I only hope that our next president values all of us, that he doesn't just lower taxes for the extremely wealthy while forcing the middle class into poverty, draft our children into more wars for more oil, and most importantly has a plan for our future for generations to come.

Digg!

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]