WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Signs and Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer...and survival...

I got this information from the Mayo Clinic and most of this information is pretty dead on.

What makes Ovarian Cancer so hard to detect is that the symptoms of ovarian cancer  seems to  mimic those of many other more common conditions, which includes many digestive and bladder disorders. A woman with ovarian cancer will most likely be diagnosed with another condition before she  finally learns that she has cancer and  usually by that time; it usually in its later stages. Common misdiagnoses include irritable bowel syndrome, stress and depression. 

The key to finding out one has the disease is that the symptoms seem to be persistent or those signs and symptoms become worse. With most digestive disorders, symptoms tend to come and go, or they occur in certain situations or after eating certain foods. With ovarian cancer, there's typically very little fluctuation — symptoms are constant and will gradually worsen. 

Recent studies have shown that women with ovarian cancer are more likely than are other women to consistently experience the following symptoms:
  • Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
  • Urinary urgency
  • Pelvic discomfort or pain
  • Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
  • Unexplained changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
  • Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate
  • Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
  • Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist
  • Pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
  • A persistent lack of energy
  • Low back pain
  • Changes in menstruation



When to see a doctor (Gynecologic Oncologist) 
Please see your doctor if you have swelling, bloating, pressure or pain in your abdomen or pelvis that lasts for more than a few weeks. If you've already seen a doctor and received a diagnosis other than ovarian cancer, but you're not getting any relief from treatment; be sure to schedule a follow-up visit with your doctor and/or get a second opinion. Make sure that a pelvic exam is a part of your evaluation and a transvaginal ultrasound will usually help with early diagnosis.

Even with the Transvaginal Ultrasound; I was still somewhat misdiagnosed and have been over the years.  At first it was my cervix which seemed to tilt and it was more than likely the cause of a tumor growing so big that it probably tilted my cervix to some degree.  I was the one with tilted cervix and this is why sometimes intercourse was painful at that time.  I was young and healthy and no one expected a thing.  Then with this transvaginal ultrasound, the tumors were thought to be benign cysts and I had 95% chance that they would only be benign cysts.  My husband and I reasearch all that we could about Ovarian Cysts.  From the results of that transvaginal ultrasound, it was indeed obvious to my Gynocologist that I would require surgery.  He told me that I had a 5% chance it was cancer and that just in case a very skilled Oncologist would be on hand should it be Ovarian Cancer.  We all know what happened after that.
Here is a photo of myself months before being diagnosed; I just a little chunky (happy fat from being happy with my honey.  My stomach was swollen at this point and I was trying to get a hold of my happy fat.  I was about 155lbs here. All woman! Nice big booty! Oh how I miss it; I miss all of my fabulous curves I used to have.  My honey is still happy despite all the ugliness of my tummy now.

If you have a history of ovarian cancer or a strong history of breast cancer in your family, strongly consider seeing a doctor trained to detect and care for ovarian cancer patients so that you can talk about screening, genetic testing and treatment options while you are disease-free. 

I had no idea that Ovarian Cancer was even in my family.  I do remember that my grandfather had passed away from Colon Cancer and one of my cousins had mention that my great grandmother or it could have been my grandmother who had a sister who died at age 32 of Ovarian Cancer; whommmm?  I was diagnosed at age 32 and it was almost sure that I wouldn't make it to 35 since many women that are diagnosed at stage III often don't survive past 2-3 years.  I maybe had a 15 percent chance of making it past 5 years but I didn't quite want to know the statistics of me surviving past 10 years.  At this point; everyday is a blessing.  I don't care how much pain I'm in; it's still a blessing.
Well sometimes I do have to admit that the pain can be downright horrifying; and I did have some of that this weekend.  I still have an abdominal blockage and have not had a number 2 in 3 days (this is day 3).  Most people would wish for more money, more success, babies, a big house, a nice job; what do I wish for?  Only to have the ability to take a nice decent dumpage!) or a nice big shit for those who don't get my made up words.

I have trying everything I can and something has got to happen by tonight or tomorrow morning or we may be visiting the ER.  I can't even fart so there is air pockets which are the real source of persistent pain.  I utilizing 1 Percocet and I took 2 Ml of liquid dilaudid this morning.  Oh GOD, how I hate having to take these narcotics but the pain has been through the roof.  I can just lay there as the rolls would continue; they are kind of like pain rolls and I can't eat anything; can't hold it in.  I eat anything (only things I can bare to eat look like poo or are the consistency of gooey poo!)  Just being honest about what I am going through. 
Well I am still riding my bike everyday; skipped on Friday because I was in too much pain; some days I have energy and some days I just don't; I just live one day at a time and one moment at a time.  I certainly cherish all the time I get to spend with my honey, pet, friends, and family.  I appreciate all that everyone does around me to ensure that my life is good.  Thank you and even having readers who seem to improve their lives because of my blog makes my life all the more worth living despite all stupid, stupid, crappy pain.  I hate it and I hope I can get rid of it.  The vaporizer helped me so much this weekend. I was able to stomach medication and to drink more water.  Boy did my mouth get dry and I drank about 5 glasses of water. What a miracle and I certainly hope that many more cancer patients lives are given a chance with those patients also being able to utilize cannabis rather than taking more narcotics.  I take some, but supplement most with my cannabis and it sure makes a difference.  It doesn't even count as a gateway drug.  Most addicts I have ever spoke with  have told me that cigarettes were their gateway drugs.  It makes sense.  

Anyway, I should go for now and hope to post some more photos.  Could not resist some oldies but goodies of Toonces the driving cat.   He loved to ride in the car and I found him the same evening I had met my husband.  It was about 3 in morning with this scrawny little tailess kitten bounced over towards me crying and I didn't have the arms to pick him up so I allowed for him to come into the house with me.  I gave him a bath and forgot to put out a litter box for him; not sure how he figured this out but he got out of my room and went right across the hall into the main bathroom.  He took a slimy little diarrhea shit right in front of the toilet. (on the floor facing the toilet) I heard this scream from a man  (my filthy hippy roommate) who had gone into the bathroom to do his duties in the toilet and had stepped in bunny girl's poo in his socks; what a mess   that was and it stank to high heaven.  What the hell was that little kitty eating?  I puked as I was trying to clean it up.  Oh it was bad! 

He was such a cute kitten that I took him to the San Francisco Humane Society for a free spay.  I really thought he was little girl and he didn't have any boy stuff down there.  Anyway, I took him early on Monday morning; dropped him off and left my name and info and they brought back my kitty castle (box) and I asked if I could keep this with him; and the girl who brought back the box stated "we can spay him, he is already neutered!".  I laughed so hard and everyone else in the office also erupted with laughter.  Poor old Toonce (well he wasn't old then = just about 6 months old.  Well since he loved riding in the car; I had to name him Toonces.  God Rest his soul!  My very first therapy pet.  I will never forget him!  My honey and Toonce sure looked amazingly cut in this photo together.  I hope you all enjoyed this post!  Anyway here is some information about another young horse who needs a home or some help.  I donated $100 of my own saving to help them buy some food and I know they need it.  Bless their hearts in them helping my favorites animals ever!
Nugget is a 1 and half year old Draft filly cross (did I say that right?).  She  looks like an Albino but has blue eyes and very gorgeous indeed.  Animali Farm is a wonderful organization which rescurs PMU mares and foals from this inhumane industry.  I sure hope one person is able to adopt her or just donate  some hay and food for her and some her friends.   These horses could do so much; police, rescue, and therapy.  I wish so much I could help others in this way and being paid to be around the horses! What a dream job that would be!)  It's too little too late but at least I get to write about them and tell all of you how special they are.  Peace and Love to all of you!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and i lived with that diagnosis for more than 3 years, spending all I have and losing my self in the process, its what I wouldn't want to see any person go through, Luckily i had an encounter with Dr Jose, a renowned Italian doctor that helped me overcome my cancer in less than two and a half months, just with the use of herbal medicine and spiritual help, i can now boldly say I am cancer free and a proud living testimony,he is known to be able to tackle any type of cancer found in the human body, God forbids any one should suffer here on earth, thats why I believe he created all these herbs, if you also want to clear your doubts and fight cancer to the barest minimum, take the bull by the horn and avoid death, you can contact my Doctor, by his email joseherbals28@gmail.com

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]