WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

7 Year Ovarian Cancer Survivor = that's me!

This will be somewhat of a short post because I have much to catch up on.

Well today is officially the 7th anniversary of being diagnosed as an Epithelial Ovarian Cancer Patient with Stage IIIc disease. Wow, I'm diseased; imagine that? It sure was a nightmare to have to wake up to; and today it was better than that initial nightmare but I did awake in severe nausea and had some seriously awful dry heaves. We were to wake up no later than 8am and get ready to take Mom and Sister (my in-laws) to the airport. I struggled but got through waking up with just a little bit of sleep. I had also been waking up at all hours of the night with diarrhea and horrible anal spasms.

We had breakfast and nice little cozy joint called "Bill-O-Fare" on Saratoga Avenue and Williams; it used to be an Old "Howard Johnson's back in the day; but the rooms somehow got converted to apartments behind the place and the old Lobby turned to restaurant. The place is really cool and food is great only my tummy couldn't hack it. If you don't enjoy mammal meat as I do not; it's not the place for you. I had ordered some hash browns and that tasted exactly like bacon and sausage as if they had been cooked in bacon grease and so did the french toast (I tried some of my husband's). I couldn't much stomach the breakfast but did the best that I could. I had weighed in at 105.5 that morning; so this meant some serious changes to my diet and exercise routine.

I really had a great time with my in-laws; mostly shopping, walking around and checking out Christmas items. It was such a good visit and very sad to see to them go. It was awesome to hang with my dad for a week as he helped us out with some projects with the house, hanging out with me as I got my chemo and then after he left; my in-laws visit. These visits could not have been better and it was very relaxing only the getting sick and puking has not been so fun. Well at least we didn't have any hospital runs as sometimes we normally do when they come visit.

After we had dropped off our relatives at the airport, we headed straight to the Snowboard Expo and we got confused between "San Jose Convention Center" and the "Santa Clara Convention Center". We drove right up to the San Jose Convention Center and I asked the parking lot attendant who was about to charge us $7 for what the Flyer / Pass had said "Free Parking". He looked at my flyer and then determined that we were not at the right Expo. He then explained that there was a Snowboard Convention that was also being held on the same day but in a little tent in the Parking Lot was not the same place. We didn't know where the "Santa Clara Convention Center" was so we just drove home so that we could go get Blue Belle to bring with us.

We got home and I started puking really bad again. It seemed that I might be getting some sort of an infection in my intestines because the pain started to get out of control. We ordered some more Cipro and my honey went to pick that up so that I could start on the Antibiotics tomorrow before the infection got any worse. The Packer/ Dallas game was playing today and my honey was all for missing it just for me in order to take me to the Snowboard Expo. I took some pain medication when we got home and then just crashed. I felt so weak and could barely walk (pain in my pee pee from infection). It wasn't quite realistic to me that I would actually go to a snowboard expo walking around with this infection and being as sick and nauseated as I was.

My honey at least got to spend part of the day watching his team kick Dallas Ass while I napped away all the pains and sickness. I then got some serious diarrhea which would not have been pleasant to deal with at a Snowboard Expo. It bummed me out to have to miss the Expo; but at least I didn't make myself suffer because in all reality; these UT infections are not at all pleasant to be going out and doing things. I needed the rest in order to get stronger. God I hope I will be strong enough to at least go snowboarding this season! Here's to getting stronger and gaining more weight and killing all that horrible cancer!) Peace and Love to all!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you to be a many more year cancer survivor friend! It is so good to hear from you. I hope you and your husband get to go to all of the snow boarding conventions that you want to. My PETand CT scans are for monday. I'm kinda nervous. It's been about 5 months since my last cancer surgery and scans. Yall take care.

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]