WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A shopping adventure in Capitola

I took one of my Etoposide chemo pills on Friday night after not taking any since Monday night. I felt a little nauseated this morning, but nothing a little toke couldn't get rid of. I then drank up a few glasses of water and was able to go to the bathroom a few times before we left for Capitola. I made my husband a good breakfast, while he took Miss Blue Belle out for a walk.

My husband and I decided that we would take a drive out to Capitola which is a very beautiful Beach Town. We did get a late start (around noonish), but we were on a quest to find the perfect Christmas party dress for the Holiday Company Party. It was about 72 degrees and it was sunny and very gorgeous; perfect shopping weather for this town. We went into a total of 5 shops and did find the perfect dress; well not quite perfect.

We finally found this one shop and Blue Belle was of course with us getting all sorts of attention. I could hear my husband outside the dressing room talking to all kinds of ladies melting at the site of such a beautiful sweet natured dog. I could just picture Blue Belle's smile with her ears back very sweetly. As I was trying on each dress, I kept getting disappointed with the price of each dress as each was several hundred dollars.

My figure could not have been more perfect for trying on each of the dresses as we came down several sizes. My first thoughts were that I was at least a size 4-6. I was off quite a bit as size 0 and 2 were sizes to be considered. I do have to admit that while trying on several of the dresses, my boobs looked to be pretty darned saggy and if I were to put both boobs together, they could easily become just 1 nice boob. If only I could find a dress that contained a bra or material strong enough to form a convenient little shelf in which to place those very saggy boobs on.

The women in the store were so incredibly enthusiastic to have us in the store trying on those incredibly over priced dresses. They finally found a gorgeous twenties style black flapper dress with beautiful feathers dangling from the bottom of the dress. It was a gem! It looked so perfect on me and formed my body better than a glove. My husband loved it and was ready to pay what ever price it happened to be. The price just was too much for me to want to pay ($368). The jacket that went with the dress was $598. My husband was ready to spare no expense. He loved the way the dress looked on me but I was strong enough to say we need to shop some more. It was hard to do, but we did it.

We continued on to my cheap dress shop where one year I had found the most gorgeous dress for less than $50 and of course we did not find the right dress here. We did find a few good ones, but not in my size. All the dresses they had were too big for me. Wow! What a rarity as this has never happened to me. Normally, my big butt helps me fit into most dresses. I just needed some more cup sizes and a little bit more meat on my bones but that's OK. I've always thought, well the next time I really need another major surgery, perhaps I can have my doctor through in some boobs while he has me open and unconscious. OK bad joke, but I'm still laughing anyway! My husband and I still had a blast shopping and I had the most wonderful, patient shopping partner I could ever ask for; excuse me partners (Blue Belle and my husband).

We then decided to drive up the coast to Santa Cruz for some lunch. It was about 3pm and as we were passing by, we noticed that at 5:30pm (more closer to dark), A huge sign was displayed on one of the bridges indicating that there would be a boat parade on the pier for all to watch on December 6th. It would have nice to see, but we would wait to see if we would feel like staying around a bit later. We could just play it by ear and if the traffic was too horrendous, we could just head back to San Jose. Live in the moment, be spontaneous, love life!


One we got into Santa Cruz, we decided to have our late lunch at the Seabright Restaurant and Brewery which now officially allows dogs out on the deck. We had stopped going there when we first got Blue Belle two and half years ago simply because they didn't allow dogs out on the deck but instead just outside the deck. We utilize Dogfriendly.com frequently to find restaurants which allow dogs and within the last couple of weeks Seabright changed their policy to allow dogs. I had a nice open faced tuna melt (light on the cheese) while my husband had a salad and an appetizer of Chicken Terriaki. I paid some dues (a little bit of pain and abdominal swelling) with my decision of having the Tuna melt.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]