WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Friday, November 21, 2008

A Fun Day with Neighbors...


Well today was finally a day where I got to spend part of the day with my neighbor Nick. I had been thinking of joining him for a movie for several years now and finally!

But first Blue Belle's best friend Tess and her mom went with us to the dog park to look for Jagger, Blue Belle's boyfriend (he never showed). Tess and Blue Belle ran and played a little until Sophie, Blue Belle's competition showed and those two ran and played a few round and then Sophie had to leave. Blue Belle played a little bit of frisbee, then Tess chased her a few times then gave her loads and loads and loads more kisses inside her mouth, right on her tongue!

When we were done, we came home and then I went right over to my neighbor Nick's house to see if we were still on for the movie. When I came over and followed Nick into his house, he walked over to the dining room where Tonto was perched at the bar stool in front of the breakfast bar as if he had been heavily engaged in conversation and getting treats.
He was interested in seeing "Bolt" (it was released today) and since he does go to movies once a week or more, he has literally seen every movie except for the ones that are released that day. He may catch the others that were released another time in the week.

Nick is retired and lives alone; it seems it makes a big difference that he gets to spend quality time every day with Tonto. It's the least I can do and it really benefits both of them. Tonto gets to go under our back patio fence to hang with Nick when he gets lonesome and/or needs people interaction, and Nick gets to have big fat kitty fixes from Tonto. Tonto gets lonely sometimes when we take Blue Belle places and its his privilege that he gets to go see Nick.

Tonto is extremely chatty and will carry on conversation with anyone that will listen even though his language is troublesome to try to understand. Nick seems so happy to be able to hang out with Tonto every day and I could tell this by the excitement in his voice as he told me some funny Tonto stories. It is a blessing that my lonesone kitty can come over and get more attention from someone willing to give it to him. I feel guilty that sometimes I do have to leave him all by his lonesome sometimes and now I don't have to feel so bad anymore.

Manx cats are kind of needy sometimes and are considered the clown of all cats. They really need to be around people and are very dog like. Hense, he walks on a leash and he fetches his favorite beloved toy; a scrunchie.







Anyway enough about my anti-cat. We had some time before the movie so I went home to medicate myself so that I didn't have to taste or feel the chemo pill that was in my stomach. I ate 3 of my magic cookies, some nice hot tea and plenty of water.

The movie Bolt was even better than I expected. I give it 4 stars out of 5 and definitely 2 thumbs up. Normally I don't like to watch kid movies but this one wasn't that bad. I laughed, cried, sat on the edge of my seat a few times and laughed some more. It was that good and even more excellent were those cookies! (The cookies lasted most of the day and kept my stomach from aching or cramping. I did drink water all day long and that helped tremendously.)

This was actually a good movie to see on the big screen because of the advances they have made with kiddie movies. Plenty of action and it was cool how some of the characters were almost real looking with facial expressions and all. Part of the dog seemed part real dog like his rear end of stuff. Hope that makes sense, but it was fascinating to see. If you do get a chance to see this movie, do go. I was able to hold it throughout the movie so its not too terribly long like the Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. I had to go like 3 or 4 times during those movies. What an awesome day!

Nick told me that he loves to watch movies like this (animated) and because of the extra concern about sex offenders going to see kid movies, he felt better that I was with him because he would never in a million years ever harm a child. He always goes in the morning when kids are at school but sometimes he still feels out of place going even though he is just going to see a movie.

This to me is just another example of how the media has scared people into making them feel self conscious and its just not necessary to stress us out. Maybe if they could just report more examples of good people rather than focusing just on the bad we would have a more peaceful world.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]