WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Monday, August 4, 2008

So now some objectionable content...

Many have complained that there just doesn't seem to be any Objectionable content here, so I thought I would create it. Google has frozen my Adsense Account due to my websites being objectionable. I figured, that I might as well make it that way for a serious reason right? My ShoppingKharma website alone is enough to create Shock and Awe that Google decided not to take any chances with me and to suspend my Google Adsense account. I guess Google is pretty uptight when it comes to pothead Cancer Patients or at least that is my impression. It could also be due to this blog, so hopefully Google will see my warning and reinstate my Google Adsense Account. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but hopefully good karma will prevail and they will at least see for themselves that I am at least trying as I write all of my own content except for this recipe below for which I borrowed from another great blog which I have added to my favorites.

OK, well now back to the Objectionable Content. This weekend my husband and I had a wonderful weekend except for the pain that I suffer from quite often when attempting to digest just a little bit of food and water. Its been difficult both ways and not at all easy.

The highlight of my weekend? I made the most amazing pot cookies ever! I found this excellent blog that has these high fiber cookies, so I alternated the recipe just a little bit to include mixing the keef (crystals from cannabis buds which gather at the bottom of a really good grinder) with the flour. I decided to call these cookies "Pootkies" for more than obvious reason. These are cookies that make go poo and the author of this blog would name her cookies "Pookies" since they have such high fiber and the end result is obvious.

Now this is her exact recipe which is what I made here but I added the keef with the flour mixture. You have to mix the keef really good with the flour to make them more effective. I utilized about 6 tablespoons of keef and they weren't terribly strong. It was more for pain relief and easier digestion.

Pooties Recipe (Psillium Husk Cookies with the addition of keef)
8 Tbsp seed or nut butter (almond, peanut, walnut, sunflower, tahini...)*
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
8 Tbsp sweetener (maple syrup, molasses, rice syrup...)*
1 egg
1 cup whole grain flour (spelt, kamut, chick pea, rice, keef or use of mixture of these including the keef)*
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup whole psyllium husks

1 Tbsp flax seeds

Preheat oven to 325°F and spray a cookie sheet with oil. In a food processor or large bowl, mix together the nut butter, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and sweetener. Mix in the egg. Stir in flour, oatmeal, psyllium and flax seeds, and mix just enough to distribute them evenly throughout the mixture. You should end up with a stiff batter.

Make little balls of dough and press each cookie flat, to about 1cm high, with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool and store in an air-tight container. I recommend you have a glass of water with each cookie, since the psyllium absorbs lots of water and will expand in the belly, which is how it adds bulk to your system. Otherwise it could leach moisture from your intestines!

The addition of the keef just gave me extra pain relief from my intestines and I was able to sleep well. As I awoke the next day, I become more irritated at our Federal Government wasting tax dollars on trying to irradicate a plant that grows so easily and could quite possibly help our country get back on its feet as a cash crop which doesn't destroy the soil nearly as much as corn does. It could also help plenty of farmers and countless others to make a healthy living. Not having to scrape by as so many of us are often doing. (Don't get me started) - No Stress for me, so I'm over it!

Now the rest of my wonderful weekend!

I continue on. I had a friend on Saturday, treat me to some pampering. It was the first time in two years that I have gotten a pedicure. My feet were in such dire need of one that my open toe shoes have been hidden away for fear of someone seeing my unsightly feet! She treated me to a Manicure, Pedicure with cute flowers on toes and a little jewel on my big toes and a pretty flower on each of my ring fingers. I also got the pariphrem? wax on my hands and feet, a little massage and wow was that wonderful.

My husband and I had planned to go see the Scorpions that night, but instead we brought the portable radio over to the pool, faced it in the sun so that the solar power would work to broadcast the show at the pool while we swam our laps. We weazled on the show but still got to spend some quality time together, watch a funny movie, and to relax.

On Sunday, I watered my plants early and made some worm tea for some of my friends and some for my Basil and my Dwarf Key Lime Tree which really needed some.

My husband has a really good friend (I made some for him too) who claims that he never throws anything away; everything is recyclable and he never buys anything prepackaged that could potentially go directly into the trash. (as green as it gets). He came over to pick up some worm tea and to inspect my worm project . He had remembered how sickly my Key Lime tree was and then now it has so many flowers buds all over. He seemed to like my sense of composting in that our trash factor has really decreased since starting the composting. Most paper like toilet paper, cardboard, newspaper, hair, dust, lint, dryer sheets,; all compostable.

After our green friend's visit, we immediately left for Santa Cruz for a magical day at a dog show for which I will add more detail on that show on my other Blog "Blue Merle Sheltie" (bluemerlesheltie.blogspot.com) for which I am seriously over due on adding content too. I will try a little harder I promise! Hope you enjoyed my Objectionable Content as much as I did!

2 comments:

Private said...

God will get you through this difficult time. God healed a woman in my church that was eat up with cancer and was on deaths bed barely alive and he chose to heal her. She is completely "cancer free". Her whole body was eat up with it.. Never lose faith!!!! http://gardenoflife5.blogspot.com/

Shopping Kharma said...

Thank you! I think God keeps me tough through the hardest of times and we harder ones to face as I deal with chemotherapy for the third time.

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]