WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fresh Powder at Dodge Ridge...

Well I got back from my dream trip to the mountains early yesterday (around 6:15pm). I didn't go alone; instead I went with a very, very cool young man from work. He was such a gentleman and now I honesty know that he really does have a heart of gold. He reminded me so much of my younger brothers from my old skateboarding days. I say younger brothers because that honestly is how I viewed each one of them; my brother's friends as they technically were mine too. It all comes down to how my brother and I were very close and we still are. We just don't get to see each other as much as we would like. Yes all of these good friends just happened to be boys; & in case you haven't or know already, yes a tom boy I was and probably still am to some extent.

It was nice to have a good friend to go with rather than alone and it was also nice to reminisce about the old days of going skateboarding, music, and favorite sponsored skaters. Mine happened to be Bryce Kanights with the best skateboard ever. I loved his smooth style when skating, but most of all, I really loved his designed board because it had the best concave and was so comfortable to ride for my flat feet. (I actually bought 2 of them-1 I had broken on a ramp and I needed a replacement so I got the very same board again) Yeah, my feet are flat, same as my husband's! (another thing we have in common) Bryce has since moved on from skateboarding to become a very accomplished photographer. (I'm totally not there yet!)

OK enough about skate boarding. Yes, my friend and I did have lots to talk about as our childhoods were somewhat similar. That's what's really great about road trips in that they are a great tool for learning more about others. It was nice to just be ourselves and just enjoy what we love; snowboarding in fresh powder.

I was a little worried about my friend being way above my level and that I would be too slow but he made do and we were able to just watch out for each other. We both had some really hillarious falls. OK that's him right before he crashed (I crashed a lot too, but I had the camera;) yeah it was hillarious and fun to watch.

The best was when I was going a considerable speed facing down the mountain; all of a sudden I hit a divot in the snow, did a summersaut down the mountain (not sure how many times I summersaulted); but I landed right on my butt laughing so hard; that my friend asked "are you OK?", "yeah, just a minute", with that, I flipped the board right over my head still laughing and continued really fast down the mountain. It sure seemed I was fast and sometimes he was; but in all we were pretty close in our abilities. I was surprised. We were at least able to keep up with one another.

Check out the conditions and we had this one run all to ourselves for at least a couple of hours. It was so amazing to go through that snow with it flying in all directions. I ripped it up a little bit on the mountain; in that I have actually calmed down on my wild ways of trying big jumps, terrain parks, and steep, steep mountains; although I don't mind the steep mountains as long as they are not cut up too much. (this means lots of tracks)

Well, here I am, I can't stop raving about the conditions. Finally, around 1:30pm, we had our final run. It seemed a blizzard was taking over because the visibility was so poor; it was as if we had put on blindfolds to ride down the mountain. I could make out some shapes; the trees were unmistakable but it was had to see what was cut up and what wasn't. When the snow gets tracked out, it is almost like hitting pot holes and such. We got down OK and decided we had had enough fun today and that we needed to get back.

I forgot to mention that I had left Miss Blue Belle with one of my neighbors (a young couple). They were tickled to death to have such a sweet dog over. They don't have any pets (yet) and it was nice to have Blue Belle over. I have trust in both of them and I felt the need to share my wonderful dog with them. They looked like they could use some dog therapy. I know that she was lots of fun for them as well as the stress relief.

As for my trip, I didn't have to utilize anything for pain for the entire day. I wasn't in any pain so I needed no medicine!) I would like to Thank you God for such an amazing day -I got back all in one peace and I made a new friend. Well he was my friend to begin with in just being my co-worker. For me, in this photo, (all this wonderful scenery) was my church and it will always be!) "If God is anywhere, he/she has to be here" I thought to myself!

On the way home (about 25 minutes after I had dropped off my friend) I started to get a sharp jab in my abdomen (left side=tumor implant location) that nearly took my breath away. It was so incredibly sharp and scary; it almost reminded me that I'm still sick. When I got home; I immediately loaded me a nice smelling bowl; I sparked it up and took a nice deep breath into my gut; as I inhaled, the pain dissipated almost immediately. Thank god for this amazing natural plant that only propaganda has made it seem so incredibly horrible.

None of what I was taught in school is at all true. I was lied to. This is my brain on drugs? OK maybe the chemo? After my diagnosis and having to utilize this for my medicine, I don't feel at all that this is such a horrible plant. I don't see any need to destroy so much of it. What if the pharmaceutical companies were allowed use of it? What a waste (& waste of money we don't know if we really have to waste)! One thing I know for sure it that it is helping me and it has saved my life and continues to do so.

I would also like to thank you President Obama for promising to end this sickness and for allowing us states to mandate what we the people have voted for. It was such a breath of fresh air to finally read some good news. That needs to be on the front page!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g5Rnq_HyxCBhriaylg_l-Jr6te4gD966S1K00
I can actually breath through my stomach (breathe and my stomach rises). How wonderful this feels to have this much faith in a leader. I now have hope and faith in my heart that he will stand up for us; patients who actually utilize this age old medicine. For me, this is stress relief to not have to worry about my own well being (getting arrested in the middle of the night) just for me being pain free. I'm still living and loving it so far!)

(Not to get off the subject of my fun) I spoke with my Aunt Mary the other day and she is worried that he is promising us so much. She did tell me "Bless his heart, he said "I screwed up"". We both laughed and talked about how much we loved him for admitting that. He is like us in a way. We can relate to him unlike this previous other President; a silver spoon baby who really couldn't relate well with the rest of the world.

I have always been taught that anyone who can admit their faults is certainly genuine in our thoughts. For me, I plan to focus the rest of my life on the positive. For right now, it just feels better and less stressful.

Now I get to look forward to my husband's return later on tonight. We had talked last night and I could tell how much he misses me and I miss him of course. He was a little jealous of the fun I had on the mountain (he wishes he could have been having so much fun with me instead of my friend); so who knows we may head back first thing Sunday morning. He did tell me to have both boards on the roof rack when I pick him up! I told him all about the conditions and if continues to rain (Here in San Jose), then I will have to pack everything sometime today so that we can get back in time. (be careful what you wish for!)

Just another day trip?) Perhaps? Maybe? To be continued....

UPDATE: No rain today and I had some hope that it would (don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the day as it was nice, sunny and warm here in San Jose) I didn't even need a jacket and how perfect it is to live here near Campbell and in West San Jose! No matter how much my home could not be worth; its worth it! Life is worth it! So there San Jose Mercury News! Take that!

OK, when I picked up my husband I had both boards on top of the roof. Why of course I'm a wife of her word!) I had his bag all nicely packed so so that he could easily sort through it all and pick out what he would want to wear the following day.

Anyway, I saw that hot sexy man (my husband) just standing there looking so sexy and manly that I immediately put the truck in park, got out of the truck and immediately ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug and kiss. Oh how we missed each other and how we hugged each other. That warm strong embrace! Those moments felt so wonderful!

Blue Belle just wagged her tail profusely; actually it was more like her whole body. What a reunion and NO. No snowboarding trip tomorrow. It didn't rain like I had thought. It was just too pretty today. Tomorrow, it's just love, relaxing together and watching for the next new storm!)

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]