WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's just a cold and Bladder Infection....

I just found out that Farrah Fawcett died today of anal cancer and what an awesome fight she displayed. She really faught a fierce battle with her cancer. I tried to watch her special but just couldn't stomach it. Not that it was a horrible documentary, as it was very depressing. I have lots of depression in my life already and lately have needed more uplifting thoughts to get me by. That's just me; I'm fighting my own battle but I really do wish her family all the best. She is a hero in my eyes.

She is after all another hero for the rest of us Cancer Survivors and she did so much with her life. I am deeply saddened for this is a tremendous loss. I can easily sympathize with her in having to deal with the problems of bowels and I can only imagine what she must have had to go through. My cancer is also in my bowels and I have to deal with this daily. I hope my fight lasts many, many more years. How many more lives have to be lost from this disease before we do something to find a cure? Treatments help prolong life for a little while but if we had a cure, many could survive and be able to live life as others get to do. This disease is a nightmare for both the victim and the caregiver as well as the family and friends.

Wow and Michael Jackson died later on today; that was a shocker. I wasn't too much into his music when I was younger (I was into punk rock and anti pop) but I can appreciate him as an artist. I did love to watch him dance!) I know that he had a rough childhood and didn't get to be a kid and perhaps that's why he got in got into some serious trouble with some kids a few years back (twice). I still don't know what to believe but I do know that he gave us all the gift of music! It's just further proof that you have to enjoy each and every moment that you are given. He had no idea he was going to die on this very day. He was getting ready for his comeback tour and had sold out tickets within seconds from what I understand. Wow! That's how fast things can change. Enjoy everyday that you can; that's the lesson to be learned here.

Well I finally signed up online to Kaiser's online message system and it is convenient to check tests and to get messages from my doctors. Well that's exactly how I found out about this bladder infection and lucky for me, I have enough Septra until they figure out what antibiotic will actually work for me. We should find out tomorrow or soon after. I took just 1 pill and already the diarrhea is out of control and I also got my first 2 zits. Great my face had just cleared up perfectly and now I have to deal with pizza face again. At least I get IDed when I'm on antibiotics (because I appear like a pimply teenager!)

Also this cold (I think we caught it from my dad) has been plaguing both me and my husband as we are both fighting off severe congestion, runny noses, sneezing, and complete misery. We haven't been sleeping much at night because we can't breath very well and have been grumpy at each other at times. It's been particularly hard on me lately and I'm so glad that this cold came later rather than sooner.

I'm so very lucky and blessed that it did come later rather than soon or I would still have my pee bag on because there is no way I would have been operated on if I had any cold symptoms. They asked me if there was any chance I had a cold just to prior to them operating on me and I didn't have any symptoms at that time. Just two days later did those symptoms appear. I'm still being a hard head and getting around and getting things done around the house like laundry and cleaning my new pretty floor. I love my new floor!)

I did get to take my pretty dog for a bath at her favorite dog wash "Pet Food Express". We must have spent about 3 hours there and lots of hair later; I brushed her "Groomer Has it" style. I used the special comb my brother gave me and those scissors; I trimmed her nails, brushed her teeth, and just brushed her all over until hardly any hair fell out on the comb. It took a long time and I'm sure she needed it. I even trimmed her paws so that she won't track so much dirt on my new floors. She looks fabulous and knows it; she's ready for her debut on the cover of Cosmo Dog! Hope her photo has put a smile on your face as it has mine. What a sad day today was.

When we got home from her bath, I finally got to talk to my brother; he too is battling a severe cold and thinks he too got it from my dad. MY poor Dad, he was so sick but he really wanted to see us and he had to deal with that cold the whole time he was here. Next time he will have to get the insurance for the plane ride in case this happens again.

Well back to these antibiotics; I'm dealing with the other side effects which have compounded my diarrhea and I'm hoping that the results of my urinalysis comes back so that I can finally get on the right medication to get rid of this infection. I hate taking a medication that may not be working for me and going through side effects all for nothing.

It seems I'm constantly battling these bladder infections and so much more. I can't seem to get over them. As this severe cold, we do know that it's not the dreaded H1N1 virus (thank god!) but just another virus that's going around. That's great because I'm not in the best of shape to be battling that kind of flu; if it can kill healthy individuals and my battle just can't just end like that. I've been fighting this cancer way too hard to loose to the flu. I am surprised that I'm getting over this cold much faster than my husband and my brother; my symptoms are becoming less and less. I can at least breath out of both nostrils but I am coughing quite heavily and spitting up all kinds of nasties. How un-lady like of me!(

Next week I will be meeting with Dr. Chemo to find out exactly what my battle plan will be for this next round of chemo. Will I need to get a port? Will there be radiation? What kind of chemo drugs will I be getting? Will I loose my hair? If so, I certainly have a beautiful tattoo designed just for my bald head that includes lots of beautiful butterflies and a teal hope ribbon! Everything will be detailed here so be sure to come back for more! May you all have a wonderful day and weekend!) Peace & Love!)



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

MagicStarER said...

Hola, Chica! I knew Farrah would get you upset - it did me, too. I immediately thought of you, and prayed that you would have many more years of life and health ahead. I am sorry you are not feeling well - I caught that crap last Christmas - it lasted over 4 months and I got deathly sick from it. Nothing worked until I went to Kroger's and got some "Breathe Easy" tea - natural organic stuff - $6 a box. It's made by http://TraditionalMedicinals.com - you can also get it cheaper on my hubpages respiratory viruses article link.

I was having to do 10-12 breathing treatments daily, started drinking that tea and immediately went down to ZERO nebulizer treatments!!! GREAT STUFF - GO GET SOME!!! It has licorice root and some other stuff in it, and it REALLY WORKS!!!! It was the ONLY thing that got me started getting better. Nothing the doctors gave me worked at all. I think I actually may have had the swine flu - everybody here had this mess. It makes you get swollen glands, fever, very sore throat, and lose your voice for months. I STILL do not have my voice back all the way!

Sorry bout your UTI troubles too - they are SO miserable. My mother used to get them constantly and now she swears she cured it with cranberry pills or some such. Might help? Worth a try anyway...

I wish there were more I could do.

Your puppydog looks bee-yoo-ti=full!!

I have 2 of my own, a Bichon Frise princess, "Foofy", and a beagle-mix 7 month old pup named "Annie". They are my darlings. Now the friend I live with (and take care of) has got a dog, too, a Boston Terrier - a rescue job somebody gave to his mom. She took the poor thing to the Humane Society for some dumb reason, even tho my friend told her he wanted the dog. I went there and got the dog (Jimmy) out of the shelter and brought him home.

He caught kennel cough while there around all those other dogs... It's been great - cleaning up dog snot and puke the last couple weeks and giving the dog breathing treatments all night - he's finally getting better, but now Annie has it, too.

I forgot to tell you I have Manxes, too - one a mama cat. Her name is "Bella" - she was a wild, feral cat who showed up on my doorstep a couple of years ago, so skinny she looked like a skeleton. She would not let anyone near her for a year or more - then one day she just hopped up into my lap. She has been "my cat" ever since. She attacks anything or anyone who comes near me... I also have her son "Tom" (cat) and daughter, "Grayzy", too. Bella is a black calico, beautiful thing! "Tom" cat is an orange tiger, and "Grayzy" has beautiful long charcoal gray hair and white paws. I had never seen a long-haired Manx before, had you? Her name is "Grayzy" because she is gray and crazy. Grayzy is still a small kitten, and "Tom" is from last year, and grown up. Here in KY they call Manxes "bobtails" for some reason....

btw: Was it a full moon or something yesterday, do you know? Not only Farrah and Michael Jackson, but our pipes backed up and poop water backed up into the bathtubs, had to call the plumber, dogs sick, computer monitor played out, truck broke, and my friend in full blown bipolar episode bouncing off the walls and acting like a lunatic. What a day! Glad it's over!

Hope you are feeling better soon, dear friend!

PS: do you have a myspace? Mine is http://myspace.com/MagicStarER

Also:
My site, "Magic Star Equine Rescue"
http://magicstarequinerescue.com/bravehost.com (I think I remember you talking about horses... I have not done anything on that site for a long time, I'm in the process of redoing all my websites and putting them together all in one portal group so they can be accessed from one place. ) But the page "The Beauty of the Horse" videos of the horses and especially the one of the woman dancing with her horse are so beautiful and I thought maybe it would cheer you up and free your mind. That video always makes be feel better, it is so beautiful!

Love and light from KY
Ava "MagicStarER"

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for months now. It is weird but I feel like I know you, you have become a friend. You have changed my way of thinking about life.

I think about your struggle and wish there was something I could do. It amazes me each day how strong you are and what a wonderful spirit you have. I am sending all of my kharma and well wishes your way.

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]