WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sick again and hopefully rocovered.....

I have to admit that I had a very nice relaxing 38th birthday on Saturday (14th) and my husband and I took our time packing for our Sunday day trip up north. We were planning to stay somewhere nice in the city (San Francisco) although that scary scary MSNBC report on bed bugs did not do anything to ease my fears of getting attacked by those scary, scary bugs. As a preventative measure, I sprayed Eucalyptus and Lemon on my entire suitcase and myself too! The report on the bed bugs covered San Francisco well in saying that the city's hotels were now loaded with Bedbugs and to be careful. I told my husband that I would rather sleep outside in a barn or in the woods than to sleep in a jank hotel in the city not that we would have to stay in a janky hotel but to me any hotel in the city would be janky if it contained bed bugs.

We drove over the Golden Gate bridge around 9:30am Sunday morning towards our first destination, Muir Beach located just south of Stinson Beach. While we were relaxing on the beach and staying warm, I saw this old man walk up the beach with his Golden Retriever very happily together. You could see right there, the unconditional love in each of their faces. The right side of the dog's face looked as if it had been burned severely to the point that he had lost his right eye. He got around so enthusiastically, happily and very unfazed which is basically how we should all get around. No feeling sorry for yourself, no complaining; just enjoying the world and each moment. No worrying, reliving the past or worrying about what has already happened, but concentrating on what is happening. I enjoyed just watching the two of them play in ocean together. Those moments were very beautiful and calming to me. I even watched as the owner snapped some gorgeous photos of his dog enjoying the moment.

My husband, Blue Belle and I sat relaxing on the beach, however it was very windy and cold, so we got up to go for a beautiful hike. We walked past some horses on our nature walk.

I was able to get my much needed Horse Therapy. After feeding these horses some dropped hay and fresh grasses, I noticed a sign that read "Do Not Feed the Horses Anything!" We pet the horses one last time and left them alone. I felt bad for breaking a very important rule, but I didn't notice until it was too late. Enjoy the moment I thought and we continued on.

We drove into the town of Stinson Beach for some lunch at the Sand Dollar Restaurant. It was very pet friendly restaurant and the owners were bummed by the recent visit by the Health Department which threatened them with closing down their restaurant for allowing dogs on the outside deck with dining customers. These types of laws do not make any sense to me. People eat with their dogs inside their homes all the time, people are allowed to smoke outside in restaurants and this can't be more unhealthy that smoking? It seems more to me a push of power and weight and of course $. I question a lot of what the government does in their so called "protecting us from dangers".


She can just smell the food in this photo above, but she wasn't allowed on the deck due to her having what the health department determines to be very deadly germs that could kill everyone in the restaurant. She wanted very much to be with us, but we were fortunate enough to still be able to sit close to her. I at least got to enjoy a wonderful meal with my husband and dog before getting another intestinal block. We shared a piece of chocolate cheesecake together for desert before I got very sick. My intestines started to churn about 30 minutes after we left the restaurant and I dealt with some pain for a couple of hours. The pain in my abdomen would come and go in waves as I tried my best to relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

We stopped in a little town called Bolinas to shop and to relax some more before heading back to San Francisco. We had our bags ready to stay the night in a hotel. We stopped at one to see if the hotel had a bathtub and since it didn't, we headed back to San Jose.

The kitties were very pleased that we didn't stay the night. My intestines started to get progressively worse as the evening wore on. I stayed home from work Mon-Thursday. Mon-Wed. was the worst of the days, and by Thursday, the blockage had eased up and my bowels were able to start functioning again. I didn't dare eat another thing the whole week.

This morning, my husband woke me up and took me shopping at the air conditioned mall since the temperatures were soaring past 104. We shopped and I got to move around and get my bowels working again. We shopped for a swimming suit and went for a nice late swim in my new suit.
Oh what a week & back to work tomorrow!




Digg!


No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]