WARNING: Some of the Content here may be Objectionable to some. I have this blog labeled as "Adult Only" as a common courtesy for those who may easily be offended by Adult topics such as the Truth, Down to Earth topics, realities of living with Ovarian Cancer and/or any life threatening disease that goes along with it; Sexuality, Medicinal Cannabis, Profanity, and of course plenty of unpleasant body functions are also discussed here. This is a very tough battle for which I don't intend to hold anything back on what I am facing.

This blog is very personal and comes from the heart of a real fighting cancer patient who wishes nothing more than to live for all of those I love my own will to live, and my love of life. While sometimes I might be on heavy medication (prescribed by my doctor) and occasionally I might write about things or subjects that one may never even think about or consider; so please consider that as well. Yes; whacked out things might even be found here; but I mean everything in all good intentions.

This blog is not at all intended for the faint hearted, those who lack a sense of humor, have no idea what down to earth means, greedy mean people, and/or those who don't know how to share the world with others, and especially those who are unable to easily put themselves into the shoes of others. This blog is mostly about my journey of living my life in the best ways that I can under the Golden Rule and appreciating all of the GOOD KHARMA that comes my way! Never take anything in this world for granted; especially family and friends!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shipping a Truck...How Hard is it?

My brothers used to be a mobile pet groomer up until a couple of weeks ago. How he loved his job and his clients loved him too. He was so amazingly good at what he did and so caring too! It was the perfect job for an animal lover and he was his own boss. I was so proud of him and yes I still am even though his Grooming Van with all of his business was stolen in a Bi-lo Parking lot. It's amazing how fast your life can changes with the snap of finger. He didn't have the money to start all over and he didn't even have a back-up vehicle. Our family reacted as fast as we could to this situation. He needed a vehicle; I had one, my father wired me the money to pay for shipping.

We arranged for this to happen by dropping off the truck with the shipping company. I used the company dasautoshippers.com which is commonly used by eBay autos. They are not a broker, but instead a direct shipper and they use trucks instead of trains to ship the vehicles.

I dropped off my little truck on Saturday, March 1st. Well it is now March 20th and the truck has yet to arrive. It is stuck in Morrow GA indefinately or at least it was this morning when I called. Then my brother called later and they said the truck was just transferred to another shipment and should be in Simpsonville tonight.

It was originally due to arrive in Simpsonville, SC on Saturday, March 15th and it was cool to be able to track the truck using a tracking number on their website in order to see where the truck was in real time. I would type it in at any moment through out the day and see how far the shipment had gone. Very, very cool! Then a huge storm of tornatoes and severe weather hit Atlanta on Saturday, March 15th (the date of arrival) and since then that's why his truck is stuck in Morrow, GA. The truck shipping my truck had a GPS positioning devise which enabled you to know exactly where your vehicle is during the entire shipping process. Pretty cool but not when your shipment gets delayed. Then you have to call the number to actually find out where your shipment is.

Well on Good Friday, March 21st, my brother finally received the Power Ranger or so she earned that name after many blizzards and near collisions that were avoided from horrible drivers. Yes, I call the truck a she or refer to her as a she. He is so incredibly happy to have some nice wheels and now he can finally take girls out in it instead of the wet dog smelling Grooming Van.

Digg!

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclosure

My techniques and treatments work simply for me and may not produce the same results for others. Cancer is a very tricky disease in which it is very different in everyone it touches. No two cancers are the same just as we humans are not the same. What works for me may not work for others.

I love life and expect to live for as long as I can. I intend to use those treatments that do work for me which includes medicinal cannabis. I'm still alive with this disease over 7 years later because of this miracle plant and as long as I have my medicine available; I intend to survive many more years. I hope one day the Federal Government will eventually grow up and be led by true leaders who represent the people and not just coorporations; real people who live by the Golden Rule "treat others how you would want to be treated". I also hope the Government of the US can finally learn to admit that it has made a mortal mistake in making this life saving plant which is provided by GOD and does indeed have the ability to provide all of us with food, fuel, clothing, shelter, and medicine; a mistake that have made is that it is illegal. Yes, it was a mistake out of greed, ignorance, and racism that this miracle plant is illegal. This is a confirmed fact and we should all know and face it.

Cannabis is not at all harmful and in fact quite the opposite. Perhaps our economy can once again grow as it has in the turn of the century by making this life saving plant legal once again.

The contents of this blog including all images, (except images from third parties) and the name "Shopping Kharma - what comes around goes around" belong and copyrighted to C. Jayne Armstrong 2008-2010
© 2010 All Rights Reserved


[Valid Atom 1.0]